PIPP WILL BE OFFERED SEPTEMBER 1, 2016 TO PRIORITY PARTICIPANTS
The Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP) makes it possible for low-income households to pay an affordable amount each month for their gas and electric bills, allowing more money to pay for other important and basic needs.
The PIPP will provide a better way for low- and fixed- income customers to manage their home energy costs. It will help thousands of households break the cycle of disconnection and reconnection and it will put them on a path to becoming responsible bill payers and reducing their bad debt burden. It will also improve health and safety concerns that are caused by disconnections.
At the time of your application, and all documentation has been presented, you will be given the amount of your bill that you will need to pay each month. Each time you have made your on time full payment to Ameren Illinois, you will receive a benefit from the program.
The following criteria must be met in order to qualify for the PIPP:
- An adult household member must have an active (not disconnected) natural gas and/or electric account with Ameren Illinois.
- Income must be no more than 150% of the poverty level. Income is based on total gross income received 30 days prior to the application date.
- The participant must be willing to commit to making the full payment to the utility company on time every month in order to receive a benefit.
Email: email@example.com or Contact the Outreach Office in your County To Sign Up during your Priority Period
ITEMS TO BRING WITH YOU TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Social Security Cards of all persons in home
- Most current Ameren Utility bills (Gas, Electric) NOTE – The Offices do not accept faxes from Ameren. You must have your bill in hand at the appointment.
- Proof of Income For All Persons Over 18 In Home – all income received for 30 days prior to application date.
Very Important – The Following are Authorized Ameren Pay Options:
- Jackson County – Schnucks – 915 W. Main, Carbondale – Phone: 618.351.0463
- Randolph County – Rozier’s Country Mart – 800 Chester Center, Chester – Phone: 618.826.4564
- Or The Best Way – Call Ameren Direct and make payment by phone with a debit/credit card- 1.800.755.5000